So far, we haven’t seen so much demand for online research, but now, during the epidemic, the market is completely online, and we’re with it.
- When launching a project, be sure to ask the agency if it is willing to give online survey respondents a chance to call you. During which you can select the respondents by asking screening questions. In this case, the sample will be of much better quality.
- Communicate with the contractor at the launch stage. Be sure to provide respondents with supporting documents or screenshots related to the research topic, the possibility of providing a business card. When opting out, at least selectively, you must obtain confirmation from the full range of participating respondents. It will also improve the quality of the data you receive at the output.
the. Check with the agency what methods are used to select respondents for your online survey. If this is a mono method, for example – panel-only recruitment or base-only recruitment, it will indirectly narrow the representation of the sample. It is good if a combination of recruitment techniques is used in recruitment, for example, recruitment from a snowball, recruitment in social networks, recruitment using target, through a mobile application, push notification. Using, recruiting to the agency’s own database. Such diversity will significantly increase sample representation, which is important in a quantitative study.
- When passing an online survey, the services where the online questionnaire is being prepared, usually read from which IP the respondent is conducting the survey, from which city the survey is being conducted. It is important to point out to the agency that if respondents conduct a survey from Moscow, and show that they live in the region, such cases should not exceed 10% of the sample. Otherwise, there is a risk that people who simply point out inaccurate data about the city in which they live will take part in the survey. It is best to mark this item now so that such a sample is not paid for later.
starting. Before you begin, check out the online questionnaire yourself. Let your co-workers and/or co-workers do the same. Assess that you can squeeze it as much as possible. In the age of technology, most people have a clip thinking, and they will not only be slow to answer a long questionnaire but also psychologically difficult. Ideally, do not write long questions, but it is better to shorten questions that seemed too long to you on a scale where the respondent can point out a limit, not a detailed answer. For example: “What was your favorite thing about collaborating with our company?” – Answering options and indicating the measurement of each answer, I liked the quality of 9-10 answers (8) services, I liked the communication of your colleagues (9), etc.
It. It is important that the respondent in this mori did not fill out the online survey immediately but in multiple visits. This is especially important if the survey is lengthy. In our practice, we often kept in mind the fact that the specialist started filling out the questionnaire, then got engaged, wanted to continue filling out, but it is impossible to continue filling out this space, we have to go back to the beginning. Questionnaire So you can easily lose the respondent.
- Include some questions. “Traps”, or some questions where you need to explain the answer in more detail. For example – “State your important duties”, or – “State you’re important responsibilities at work during the day.”
It. It is good if the company you apply to select respondents selects participants not only for quantitative types of research but also for qualitative individuals. This means that in their database, which they will link to recruitment, among other ways, there are real people who take part in surveys offline or through zoom.
- It would be better if you write your own research questions. Because no one knows better than you all the facts about the company you work for, your product and its features.
Matter from our work:
Not long ago, a government organization contacted us with a request to recruit a thousand respondents – buyers of hair clippers – to conduct an online survey. I would like to note that there is a big difference in the search for verified respondents (these are the respondents we contacted and screened, these are the respondents who opted out of their personal account as a purchase confirmation). (Check or screenshot) and not verified, where there is no contact information, there is no possibility that they will at least ask for proof of purchase, select the selected ones and make sure they Belong to the target audience.