Being one of the most popular entrance examinations, for the students, who want to pursue graduate studies abroad, especially the USA, the GRE exam is no cake walk. Getting the preparation tips is the most important thing for the candidates which are potential test takers or are planning to give the exam soon. After reading this article, the candidate will feel confident about his goal and these tips will surely help in achieving his target score.
If we talk about the nature of the test first, the test evaluates the verbal, quantitative, critical thinking and analytical writing skills which are compiled in three sections- Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and Analytical Writing abilities of the candidate. You can also look for best coaching for GRE in Delhi which will be very helpful in preparation. Let’s look at the pattern of the exam which includes:
Test Pattern GRE 2018 General test:
|Measure||Number of Questions||Allotted Time|
|20 questions per section||30 minutes per section|
|20 questions per section||35 minutes per section|
(One section with two separately timed tasks)
|One task each on
1. Analyze an Issue task
2. Analyze an Argument
|30 minutes per task|
Tips for Verbal Reasoning:
There are three main points to score well in this section which are as follows:
- Try to learn new words. This would probably the best way to score good marks in this section. This should be the regular practice of the aspirant. Not only learning these words is enough but try to use them in the daily sentences as well.
- The practice of reading comprehension. the reading comprehension comprises of the most of the marks in this section. Therefore, having a good understanding of the reading comprehension is a must for the candidate.
- Grip on Grammar. Grammar is the most important tool if you wish to score well in this section. One should have good grammar practice and have all the concepts clear.
Tips for Quantitative Reasoning
- Practice, practice, and practice. The mathematics in this exam is of elementary level, but the person should have all the concepts clear for clearing this section. Practice is the key for that. Try to solve the sample papers and the previous year papers for the same. It is one of the trickier section of the exam but preparation can make a person confident about it very well.
Tips for Analytical Writing
- Reading and analyzing. This section checks the ability of the candidate’s on the basis of his analytical skills. There are many questions in this section, which are needed to be done with these skills. Mind you, this is not an exam where you can cram; you have to show your full potential.
- Practice is the key. When you start practicing these problems, you will develop the mindset and skills required for these kinds of questions.
Keeping the timetable in check, going for a more healthy diet, proper break timings and regular reviews of the tests are also some of the other features which a candidate should keep in mind in order to get his dream score. People give similar exams like GMAT for studying MBA. Also, for MBA you can go forGMAT coaching institutes in Delhi where you will be prepared well.