Eyes are the most sensitive part of our body. We can’t ignore any eye disorder because some of the retinal diseases lead to blindness. Retinitis pigmentosa (RP) is one of the most critical eye disorders. One can lose their night vision capability and also leads to blindness because of this serious retinal disease. RP is a critical and generic retinal disease that decreases the cells of retina and one can also lose their night and side vision capability. RP is a rare eye disorder. According to a survey, it affects just 1 in 4000 people in the world. Either it is a rare eye disorder but we can’t ignore the symptoms and its harmful results. One has to be educated enough about RP, its symptoms, causes, and its treatment. We are going to discuss briefly its symptoms, causes, treatment and how it affects our eyes. Keep reading this article if you want to get educated enough to fight with this eye disorder.
Symptoms of Retinitis pigmentosa:
Our rods get more affected than cones in the early stage of this disease. When rods get effected one starts experience night blindness. Visual field vision also looses. It may affect our daily living tasks such as reading, driving, walking in the starting stages. One will also lose its capabilities to recognize faces and objects. At the last stage of this disease, one will lead to blindness.
The reason behind retinitis pigmentosa:
Near about 50 genes are working in the retina. These genes instruct to making proteins in cells. It generally harms some of these genes. When these genes didn’t work properly the cells in the retina will not further be able to carry proteins to cells called photoreceptor. The proteins produced by other mutations are toxic to the retina cells. Which didn’t function properly, in this situation, photoreceptor gets damaged badly and affects our retina with Retinitis Pigmentosa eye disorder.
How Retinitis Pigmentosa Progress (Increases):
- The starting symptoms generally appear in our childhood. In childhood, it may take a long period to adjust vision in different lighting. People get uncomfortable in bright lighting. It progress from person to person differs easily.
- People who are suffering from Retinitis Pigmentosa lead to losing their night vision completely in their adulthood. They can also lead to complete blindness at their 50s.
- In the starting stage one can consult with an eye specialist. The starting stage generally appears in our childhood. There are some lenses available to manage the changes of lights for children who are suffering from it.
- Parents should also have regular eye examination tests for their children to know the progress of this eye disorder.
- Occupational therapists, mobility specialists are certified to have consult, the patients of this disease.
- A daily dose of 15000 units of vitamin A can stop the progress of Retinitis Pigmentosa in adulthood.
- It has many forms that are why it’s difficult to predict for a patient for proper treatment.
- Patients who are suffering from the eye disorder should concern with an eye care professional experts to maintain their independence of vision.
Here we have discussed briefly about such a critical eye disorder known as Retinitis Pigmentosa. We have also discussed all the symptoms, how it progresses, how it affects our retina and its treatment as well as. One have to be educated enough to fight with any physical disorders. So that patients can have the proper treatment and get rid of those physical disorders. We hope the information given by us will help you to get educated for the same. Our experts will want to know your reviews on the same.