Traveling to other countries and exotic destinations can be a fun and thrilling experience. However, it can also put a strain on your body and make you sick. Web.com Reviews believes that we all should follow some safety rules while traveling in order to stay on top of our shape. After all, if you become ill when you reach your destination, the vacation will be ruined.
Here are some things that you should never do on an airplane –
- Don’t stay in the same position for the whole trip – It is not a good idea to stay glued to your seat for the whole flight as you have a higher risk of developing deep vein thrombosis (DVT) on an airplane. A patient suffering from deep vein thrombosis has blood clots in their legs. The best way to prevent this is to get up and move around a little. If you don’t want to get up from your seat, you may do a simple exercise by lifting your knees alternatively once every hour.
- Don’t walk around without shoes – Never try to walk around barefoot in an airplane. The carper inside an airplane is seldom cleaned. So, they are very dirty and full of germs. According to several flight attendants, carpets can have stained blood, vomit, spilled food or even broken glass. So, if you need to go to the toilet or just move around, do so only after wearing your shoes.
- Don’t wear contact lenses – Due to the cabin pressure, the air inside the airplane can get very dry. So, if you wear contact lenses it can severely irritate your eyes. Thus, when you are traveling by airplane always use a pair of glasses. Also, it can become a very uncomfortable experience for you if you fall asleep while wearing your contact lenses. So, if you have no glasses but feel sleepy, make sure to remove your contact lenses.
- Don’t eat food that has been spilled on the tray table – A study has found that the tray tables of an airplane contain an average of 2,155 types of bacteria per square inch compared to 256 types that can be found on the lavatory flush button. So, if you accidentally spill some cookie crumbs on the tray table, just wipe it off. Don’t try to eat it and take the risk of getting sick.
- Don’t hide that you are sick – People get sick all the time while traveling. So, there is no need to feel ashamed about it. If you don’t feel well, it is better to let the flight attendants know as they are trained to provide assistance. However, if you keep quiet, you will not only feel miserable, but it may also be too late to cure the problem.
According to Web.com Reviews, you should feel as comfortable as you can while traveling. So, wear loose clothes and carry extra blankets with you. Don’t use the blankets they provide on the flight as they may not be washed properly and can contain germs.