Mumbai is one of the most popular cities in India to rank top in Engineering colleges. If you want to pursue engineering there are a host of engineering colleges in Mumbai offering varied courses that you can choose from.
Their ranking is based on their academic quality and placement services that they provide to their students. Here is a list of top engineering colleges in Mumbai.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT)
IIT Bombay established in 1958 is one of the premium engineering colleges in Mumbai and currently ranking 3rdin India. It is recognized worldwide for its academic and research programs and postgraduate courses. Its academic brilliance attracts top students from all over the world.
The IIT placement and training cell interacts and trains its students from the 2nd and 3rd year. That is why its placement records are quite positive and have ranked it among the top engineering colleges in Mumbai.
According to the recent placement records of 2018, the college has secured a total of 1,122 offers from 361 companies in the initial phase-1 of the placement series.
Some of the top recruiters of IIT Mumbai this season were Microsoft, Samsung, Qualcomm, Micron Semiconductors, and BCG.
- Highest domestic CTC offered in Phase-1 is Rs. 45 lakhs p.a.
- Highest international CTC in Phase-1 is $1.64 lakh.
- Highest salary offered in the Engineering and Technology sector is Rs. 18.5 lakh p.a.
- Institute of Chemical Technology or ICT Mumbai
Grade ‘A++’ accredited by NAAC, ICT Mumbai is one of the top engineering colleges in Mumbai.
The college is known for its research and academic courses and also provided ample opportunities for deserving students to study abroad.
ICT placement has maximized over the years with 100% placement in B.chem and chemical technology engineering branches.
Some of the top recruiters include Dairy, Dr. Reddy, Alkylamines, Exxon, Reliance, Biocon, UPL, and Deccan Chemical.
Placement Packages 2019:
- Average placement salary in Chemical engineering is Rs. 6 to Rs. 7 lakhs p.a. The lowest CTC has been 3.5 LPA.
- There has been a 100% placement ration in Mechanical engineering with an average salary of Rs. 5-15 LPA which is quite a good deal for freshers.
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai (VJTI)
Established in 1887, VJTI is one of the best engineering colleges in Mumbai and their placement records are also quite inspiring. The college has a good reputation as a result of which many big names in the industry visit the college for campus placements.
VJTI has an efficient placement cell that trains its students and conducts campus recruitment programs to attain 100% placement of candidates.
Some of the top placement companies of VJTI are Microsoft, TATA, TCS, Morgan Stanley, Rakuten, Infosys, Wipro, Google, Godrej, L&T, Godrej, and Blue Star.
Placement Reviews & Packages:
- VJTI boasts of 100% placement each year. This year L&T, Cognizant, and, Infosys has scored high in recruitment.
- Highest placement salary of Microsoft is Rs. 16 LPA and Google are Rs. 19.95 LPA.
- All engineering branches here get jobs according to their job profile.
- The average salary offered is 3.5 lakhs p.a.
- Sardar Patel College of Engineering of Mumbai (SPCE)
SPCE was established in 1962 as a government-aided engineering college in Mumbai. Back then it was the only college that was providing part-time diploma degrees for Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical branches.
Over the years it has enlisted itself into an ‘A’ ranking engineering college accredited by the Government of Maharashtra.
Placement records in SPCE are quite positive and about 80% of the total students have been recruited this year.
SPCE also provides paid internship programs because of which many consider it as one of the top engineering colleges in Mumbai.
TPO (Training and Placement Office) takes care of campus recruitment every year. This year some of the principal recruiters were Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, Deloitte, Reliance Energy, Oracle, Siemens, Cognizant, and PWC.
Placement Review & Packages:
- This year 171 students have landed their dream jobs with an average salary of about Rs. 6.5 lakhs p.a.
- The highest package offered has been 5.5 lakhs p.a. by JSW Steel Company.
- Almost 100% placement has been attained in electrical and mechanical branches and 90% in civil engineering.
Check out the list of top Engineering colleges in Mumbai at www.shiksha.com/b-tech/ranking/top-engineering-colleges-in-mumbai-all/44-2-0-10224-0