Do you know that SBI is the most rewarding sector when we talk about banking? There are endless benefits if you choose to work in the banking sector. If you are looking for a rich career and exceptional career growth, you are on the right page. Here we will discuss everything about the SBI Clerk examination which one cannot afford to miss.
The State Bank of India (SBI) has announced the recruitment drive for the SBI Clerk post on 2nd January 2020 on its official website. The application process for the same concluded on 26th January 2020. The SBI has released a total of 8000 vacancies under this recruitment drive for the post of Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales).
The SBI Clerk admit card will be open for download for all those candidates who applied for this examination in the stipulated time on the official website of SBI. The official date for the release of the hall ticket is not yet announced but generally, it will be available for download approximately two weeks before the exam. Let us know more about this exam.
The eligibility criteria for SBI Clerk is broadly divided under 3 major heads that are:
- Age- Between 20 years to 28 years.
- Education Qualification- Candidates must be a graduate in any specialization and should possess the degree of the same from a recognized University
- Nationality– Indian
- There will be age relaxations for candidates coming under reservation as prescribed by the government norms.
- Candidates must possess the certificate for local language qualifying exam up to class 10th apart from the graduation degree.
- There is no special requirement of prior work experience for this recruitment i.e. both experienced and non-experienced candidates can apply for this examination.
- Candidates have to mandatorily satisfy all the eligibility criteria for this exam otherwise the application of the candidates will be summarily rejected.
- Candidates are advised to be transparent while disclosing their information in the application form as they will have to present the documents against their claims in the later stage of the selection process.
Total starting emoluments is Rs.25,000/- monthly including D.A. There are few other allowances because of which gross salary tends to get propelled by a few notches. Here is the complete salary structure of SBI Clerk:
|SBI Clerk Salary in India- Basic Pay||Rs.13075/-
Salary post 1st Increment- Rs. 13730/-
Salary post 2nd Increment-Rs. 16175/-
Salary post 3rd Increment- Rs. 20095/-
Salary post 4th Increment- Rs. 28110/-
Salary post 5th increment- Rs 30230/-
Salary post 6th increment- Rs 31450/-
|Dearness Allowance||Based on the CPI (Consumer Price Index)|
|House Accommodation||Varies according to the place of joining|
The selection process of SBI Clerk can we divided into 3 individual stages:
- Prelims stage
- Mains stage
- The Local Language test (Only for those who don’t have proof of local language qualification up to class 10th)
The Preliminary examination was successfully conducted on 22nd, 29th, February, 1st, and 8th March 2020. The result of the same is awaited and supposedly it got delayed because of the prevalent COVID-19 pandemic situations
All the applicants who will make through this first stage of the recruitment process will be eligible to appear for the Mains examination which will be equally competitive. The number of candidates that will appear for the mains examination will be ten times the number of vacancies available.
The mains examination will have four sections which are given in the table:
|Name of Section||Marks||No. of Qs||Duration|
|English Language||40||40||35 mins|
|General and Financial Awareness||50||50||35 mins|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Knowledge||60||50||45 mins|
|Quantitative Aptitude (DI and DS)||50||50||45 mins|
|TOTAL||200||190||2 hours 40 mins|
- The total section will consist of 200 marks.
- There will be 25% of the marks that will be deducted for every wrong answer marked.
- Candidates will have to score high so as to secure their place in the merit list and to guarantee their selection.
The cut off marks for SBI Clerk generally falls in the range of 65%- 75% of the total marks, while it differs state wise.
The SBI Clerk result is announced individually for each stage in a month after the commencement of the exam. The candidates should remember that they should always target the highest marks looking at the competitive scenario so as to secure their definite seat in this recruitment.
On this positive note, we have come to the end of this article. This was all the important details one should know before they appear for this examination. We hope you noted the vacancy, exam dates, admit card details, and also understood the Mains exam pattern. These details will accelerate your chances of the SBI Clerk 2020 selection. Thanks for reading!