Are you encountering problems while using your Netgear EX3700 extender? Don’t wish to configure your extender from scratch? Well, there is an option available for you with which you can find the existing data and details of your extender and copy the same to it. This process is known as backup and restore. You can back up the files via mywifiext web page. The backup file will be created with the help of your WiFi network.
Before we tell you how to backup and restore your Netgear EX3700 extender, let’s get to know a bit about it.
Netgear EX3700 WiFi range extender increases your existing wireless range by reducing interference. It renders the WiFi speeds up to 750 Megabits per second (Mbps). Its simultaneous dual bands lessen interference while the FastLane technology uses both WiFi bands to create one super high-speed connection. Moreover, this extender works with almost all standard WiFi routers.
Having a convenient wall-plug design, the extender comes with external antennas for superior performance. The EX3700 AC750 extender supports new 802.11 ac, b, g and n WiFi devices. Another most popular feature of the EX3700 extender is its fast Ethernet port which enables you to connect a wired device such as streaming player, gaming console, Blu-ray player or TV.
That’s all you need to know about Netgear AC750 EX3700 WiFi range extender. Now, let’s get to know various tips and tricks to restore and backup your wireless extender.
Backup and Restore Netgear EX3700 Extender
Using the ‘Backup’ option, you can fetch all the files on your extender which were saved in the EX3700 settings. The backup file incorporates all the data allied to WiFi settings, configuration, password and schedules. If needed, you can even take the back up of your data over the email and store it somewhere on your system. Once you have taken a backup, you need not to configure the AC750 EX3700 WiFi range extender on the network again. All the existing settings will be fetched automatically. However, as soon as you reset the extender, all the settings of your extender will be wiped out and require to be configured once again using mywifiext.net web portal.
How to Save the Extender Settings?
Consider the below-mentioned steps to save settings:
- Turn on your EX3700 WiFi range extender.
- Connect your PC to the extender.
- Open an internet browser on your computer and go to the default extender login page.
- It prompts you to enter the username and password.
- Fill in the details which you have set up during the setup.
- Now, head over to the Alternate settings.
- After that, find the ‘Backup’ option.
- Click on it and save the data files at any location you like.
So, you have created a backup of your extender’s settings. Now, you will need to restore these settings on your device.
How to Restore Extender Settings?
Go through the instructions outlined below to restore the files:
- Open the ‘backup file’ you have saved onto your PC or laptop.
- Now, head over to mywifiext.local web page.
- Navigate to Settings and click on the Restore button.
- Remember to choose the complete file. In case you miss any file or folder, your extender’s performance may get affected.
- Afterward, the restoration process will get started.
- A prompt will open. Click on the Yes option.
- The backup file will start uploading.
It may take some time. Now, reboot the system and verify whether the system is properly restored or not. Try connecting the nearby devices to your EX3700 WiFi range extender. In the event that everything is working fine, it indicates the restoration process has successfully completed.