The Netgear Nighthawk EX6400 (AC1900) WiFi range extender boosts your existing WiFi range and delivers a dual-band WiFi up to 1.9Gbps (Gigabits per second). Netgear Nighthawk setup improves the internet coverage and easily works with your home WiFi to create a powerful and secure WiFi System.
In this article, we will provide you some easy methods on how to configure your range EX6400 (AC19000 range extender in extender mode as well as in access point mode. Read on.
Note: Prior to setting up your Netgear Nighthawk range extender, it is very important to know about the Netgear Nighthawk app.
What is Netgear Nighthawk application?
The Netgear Nighthawk App makes it quite easier for you to set up your Netgear WiFi router and to get the more out of your WiFi. With the help of this application, you can easily install your router in a few steps.
Simply connect your computer or laptop to your WiFi router and the Netgear Nighthawk app will walk you through the rest without any hassle. Once the Netgear WiFi router setup process is completed successfully, you can make use of the intuitive dashboard to run a quick Internet speed test, pause the internet on your connected devices and much more.
Use the Netgear EX6400 WiFi range extender in extender mode
- Place your Netgear WiFi range extender into a power outlet near to your existing WiFi router.
- Turn on your range extender by pushing the power button on it.
- Now, set the Access Point (AP)/Extender switch to the Extender.
- Make sure that your existing WiFi router and your Netgear range extender are properly connected with each other.
- Launch an internet browser on a computer or laptop and type mywifiext.net into the address bar field.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions and set up your Netgear Nighthawk EX6400 (AC1900) WiFi range extender setup in extender mode.
Use the Netgear EX6400 WiFi range extender in access point (AP) mode
- First of all, it is advised to set the Access Point (AP)/Extender switch to Access Point mode.
- After that, plug your Netgear WiFi extender into an electrical outlet near to your existing WiFi router and wait a couple of minutes for the Power LED to become solid green.
- Connect your router and your Netgear EX6400 (AC1900) range extender via Ethernet cable.
- Now, on a computer or laptop – load up an internet browser and type the default IP address of your WiFi range extender into the address bar field.
- Hit the New Extender Setup button.
- Create a valid account by completing all the fields on the displayed page.
- Once done, click on Next.
- Now, set the SSID (network name), security option, and a strong password for each access point (AP) network and click on Next.
Congratulations! Your settings are applied successfully and your Netgear WiFi extender is ready to use as an access point mode.
- Connect you can connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the new access point WiFi network without any hassle.
- Once done, click on the Continue button.
Now, a page will display stating that you successfully created an access point in a hassle-free way.
- Click on Next.
The registration page appears.
- Complete all the registration fields carefully and at last, click on Finish to end the Netgear Nighthawk extender setup process.
After the Netgear extender setup process, you can easily log into your range extender and view and adjust its settings.
- Make sure that your router and your Netgear WiFi range extender are placed within reach of each other.
- Launch a web browser and enter www.mywifiext.net in its address bar field.
- Mywifiext.net login window displays.
- Enter your default or customized login details – click on the Log In button and the Netgear Genie setup page will be displayed. Here, you can easily view and access your extender’s settings without facing any issue.
The Netgear WiFi extender setup process is now completed. You can choose any one of the above-mentioned methods to configure your device.