Facing issues while connecting your extender to the internet? The reasons behind the problem can be many. The problem can either be with your router or your device. Let’s now diagnose the potential problems that are hampering your internet usage experience.
Reasons behind Netgear Extender not working
- Most likely, it’s your Netgear router that is creating the problem because of not properly configured.
- Partial New Extender Setup can also be the reason behind internet not working issue.
- Faulty software or hardware of your Netgear extender is another reason that leads to the problem of Netgear extender not connecting to internet.
- Apart from that, make sure to check the orange light on your Netgear extender that whether it is working or not.
- Your WiFi extender may lose the internet connectivity due to loose wires or because of the interference of other electronic devices that are transmitting radio waves.
- keeping your devices in the dead zone may also stop your Netgear extender from accessing the internet.
If any of the above points is creating the problem, then follow the steps below to fix that issue.
How to fix Netgear WiFi Extender Not Connecting to Internet Issue
Before starting the process, make sure both your router and extender is away from devices that are transmitting waves, interfering noise, or reflecting signals.
- Connect your router to the extender and check LED lights on both the devices.
- Next, if you can’t detect any issue with your router and extender, cross-check if there is any loose connections or plugs.
- If the error still persists, access mywifiext.net and check if any firmware update is available or not. If you can see any notification regarding new firmware update, then download it. Doing so will probably fix the issue for you.
- If even after trying all the above issues, your WiFi Extender is not working then reset your Netgear Extender.
- Sometimes, incorrect Netgear extender setup also creates the problem of no internet. So, we advise you to configure your Netgear Extender again by connecting it your router and accessing mywifiext.net
We completely understand that, how irritating and bothersome it can be when your Netgear extender is not connecting to the internet. Although following the steps above you’ll easily be able to fix the extender not connecting to internet issues. If the problem still persists and annoys you, feel free to contact Netgear support experts by dialing 1-888-961-4011.
Let’s provide some more solutions to help you get rid of the problem
- Restart your New Range Extender and try to connect it with your router again.
- If the WiFi device is still not catching network connection, cross-check whether your Netgear router is broadcasting its SSID or not.
- Next, visit mywifiext.net by entering the URL in your preferred web browser.
- Enter the default credentials. If you have ever changed the username and password for your router or extender and now can’t remember it, worry not! Our technicians can help you recover your WiFi device password.
- Now, navigate to WiFi settings of your device and make sure that 2.4GHz WiFi/ 5GHz WIFi and SSID are enabled.
- If any of the above options are not enabled, then we suggest you to enable them by selecting the box in front of each service.
- Verify your extender’s SSID name and cross-check that you have connected to the right SSID.
- Also, check whether your Netgear WiFi Extender is properly connected to the power source or not.
- If nothing is working with your extender, simply reset it by using a paper clip.
For seasoned professionals, the task of resetting their Netgear Extender can be easy, but rookies may find it difficult. If you need any assistance with the set up of your Netgear extender, reach out to us by dialing toll-free 1-888-961-4011.
Your feedback is important to us! Shoot your opinion in the comments section that whether you found the tutorial helpful to solve the ‘Netgear WiFi Extender Not Connecting to Internet‘ problem or not.